Time for some interesting but useless information!
1) A person cannot taste food unless it is mixed with saliva. For example, if a strong-tasting substance like salt is placed on a dry tongue, the taste buds will not be able to taste it. As soon as a drop of saliva is added and the salt is dissolved, however, a definite taste sensation results. This is true for all foods. Try it!
2) The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
3) Humans are the only primates that don't have pigment in the palms of their hands.
4) Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
5) Dogs have four toes on their hind feet, and five on their front feet.
6) Polar bears are left handed.
7) A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
8) The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.
9) Porcupines float in water.
10) Armadillos are the only animal besides humans that can get leprosy.
11) Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time.
12) A pregnant goldfish is called a twit. (So is a teenage girl...sorry...couldn’t help myself...)
13) A male emperor moth can smell a female emperor moth up to 7 miles away.
14) Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into to shark's stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode. (Oh, gross...)
15) Ten percent of the Russian government's income comes from the sale of vodka.
16) The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
17) The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable". (Is this really a word?)
18) "I am" is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
19) 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
20) If you spell out consecutive numbers, you have to go up to one thousand until you would find the letter "a"